My Photo
Name:
Location: Las Piñas City, Philippines

so hapeeely married! =)

Monday, January 09, 2006

After one year of being married...

Due to the nth honeymoon euphoria and the holiday frenzy, this post has been one-month delayed... (warning: PG13 :D)

Jon and I have been together for (exactly) 8 years before we got married, and in those years, you'd think that we'd already know each other like the back of of our hands. Well, almost. Surprisingly though, there are still lots of things we discover from each other in our day-to-day lives, some funny and some are.., well, not-so-funny. :D

The period of adjustment was relatively smooth and easy. We had our own share of fights and tampuhans but most of them were over silly stuff (but enough reason for a mind-blowing make-up sex... haha!).

So anyway, lemme just reminisce and make a recollection of what it has been like... being married for a year...

... As you know, Jon and I are living with his parents, and this, i must point out, is by choice. And for reasons only the family can comprehend. Oh, we can move out if we want to... but everything has its perfect time. Besides, living with them is not in any way difficult, and it even gives us the liberty to splurge on our wants in life and allows us to travel every now and then.

Although i must admit that it does present some problem from time to time... like for example, (and this happened just recently), i got a text from a friend that night asking if we were already sleeping coz she had just called and my mother-in-law answered the phone... she said that after a while, my MIL came back to the phone and told her we were already asleep...but u see, we were NOT sleeping and we didn't hear her knock on our door either... hehehe. go figure. We had a good laugh after. nyahahaha! :D

... I did say there were a lot of discoveries... and some of them are really weird ones... especially when he is sleeping... like that time that it was blackout, and when electricity was restored, he sprung from the bed, turned on the lights, saying, "yes, yes, may ilaw na!" and then went back to sleep... or this other time when, i turned to face him to give him a hug, and he suddenly punched me! (not hard nman) ... turned out he was having a "maaksyon" dream! he was very apologetic nman after... :D

... We've settled into a routine during weekdays. I get up ahead of him since I go to work early, I wake him up when it's time for me to leave and he drops me off at the bus station, he goes home and gets ready for work. He calls or texts when he's about to leave home, we work the whole day, he fetches me in the afternoon and we go home. We eat, watch tv/tinker with the computer, and then we sleep. I sometimes sleep early but not without him making meme me... hihih!

... Waking up on mornings has never been the same again... although it's particularly hard to get up during work days. Cuddling is something we always do on weekends... yes, morning breath and all...

... Household chores are divided between us according to our "expertise" ;) But, grocery shopping is something we love to do together.

... We found surefire ways for destressing... going to the spa, movie marathon at home, shopping (yes, Jon's becoming a shopaholic now :P) or travelling. Boy, do we love to travel!

... Some would think that living together means no more surprises. But the truth is, it just makes making or planning surprises a lot more challenging. You just need to get your creative juices flowing! ;)

... I am way comfortable with my name now... and yes, my new signature. I love it!

... We still cannot fart in each other's faces...Okay, that's gross... i mean, presence. :D

... We still can't get enough of each other and I love him more than ever...

... And after a year, we're now ready to become parents... and we're praying for a baby girl... but as I've said... in HIS perfect time... =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home