My Photo
Name:
Location: Las Piñas City, Philippines

so hapeeely married! =)

Monday, November 21, 2005

FSS

you know the drill... here's a rundown of my friday, saturday and sunday...

Friday afternoon, took the half day off to do some errands, and proceeded to Glorietta to look for a formal dress for a wedding Jon and I will be attending this Thursday (soo excited, it's the first wedding i'll be attending since forever ;) ). Midnight madness sale was ongoing and it took a lot out of me NOT to stray and make some unnecessary purchases... *wink* Jon and I scoured the mall and after four hours, found the perfect dress at Sari2. I just wish i was a couple of pounds lighter, though. Oh, well...

We walked to Greenbelt and made reservations for another office party at Red Box scheduled on December 2 (Pasay City day - a holiday for us). Too bad the billiard room is already taken. Anyhoo, we decided to have some snacks, at well, the snack bar outside the GB cinemas (i forgot the name, but we ate small burgers and a corndog. After which, we went strolling and found a new ice cream bar, the COLD ROCK. I remembered weeks before, while chatting and discussing business with Jeff, a friend from San Jose, California, it was mentioned and naturally, I got curious. So, we went in to give it a try.

First, u pick the size of ur cup... Then, choose ur ice cream flavor (maximum of 2), Next, choose from the variety of candies, candy bars, chocolates, nuts, fruits which u wish to mix-in your ice cream. Then, watch as they smash and combine everything in a cold rock. And, voila!

Aussie choco chip ice cream with strawberries and gummy bears


We were strollin around Glorietta again when Jon received a call from my in-laws and found out that they were in the area too and so, we met. After a little shopping, we had coffee at Bo's and had a nice time chatting with them until we parted ways (they were home-bound and we had dinner at Dencio's).

We had Harry Potter reservations that night and we were just in time for the previews when we went in the cinema. Aion and Yna followed minutes later just as the movie was about to start. Great timing! Hee!

Okay, so i was disappointed. :( The boys loved it though but for one fan (I even reread GoF days before), i truly had mixed emotions coming out of the moviehouse.. Maybe i just expected too much from it since out of the 6 books, this was my favorite installment. I mean, why change a lot of things and miss out on some important parts? Barty Crouch in Harry's dream (wtf?), Dumbledore portrayed as a violent man (tsk tsk), Neville giving Harry the gillyweed and not Dobby (i miss Dobby), Sirius Black in coals (that's just not the way it should be!)... and where were Mrs. Weasley, Ludo Bagman, and yes, Winky (and S.P.E.W)??? I could go on and on... but then again, I think these HP movies are just NEVER going to be as good as what goes on in my imagination while reading the books.

But i have to admit that i still enjoyed watching it. I even cried when Harry brought back Cedric's body... i didn't cry in the book but i was shaking during that part. Oh and Ralph Fiennes! He is just the right man for Voldemort. Red eyes or not, he's just perfect.

~*~*~

Saturday morning, Jon and I drove off to Del Monte Avenue, QC for a badminton session with officemates. We were an hour late (Saturday morning traffic? aaaarggghh!) but managed to work out a sweat for an hour and a half more. Ace Water Spa was just a stone throw away so we went in to take a look and make some inquiries right after. Really niiice.... I've heard a great deal bout this place and now that i've actually seen it, i would really want to try it some time. *hint hint* We had a hearty lunch at Savory before heading home.

Catched up on my Zzzs and when i woke up, it was time for my appointment at Bioessence. Jon dropped me off and went to Southmall to buy some computer stuff and picked me up afterwards. The rest of the night was spent in front of the TV, PC, and PS2.

~*~*~

Sunday, we excitedly went to Chito Cleofas' office to pick up our wedding album. Even though i've seen the layout already, seeing the final product was enough to bring tears to my eyes once more. *sigh* Uh oh, with barely 3 weeks left before our first anniversary, i guess supplier ratings are in order... *note to self*

view the entire album here. =)

After we settled our balance and got the beautiful (and heavy) album with carrying bag and the 2 parent albums, we had a very nice surprise coz Chito promised to cover a half-day photoshoot for free when we aready have a baby. Isn't that sweet? =) Thanks, Chito, we're definitely going to count on that. =)

We had lunch at my old place (we gave one of the parent album already) before going to EPZA for the trade fair. Jon and I manned the booth for five hours and had a modest sale. On our way home, we dropped by the marketplace to buy fruits for our mommas.

That's how my weekend went by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home