My Photo
Name:
Location: Las Piñas City, Philippines

so hapeeely married! =)

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

back with a vengeance...(the Cebu trip)

it has been a month-looong blogging hiatus for me... and i'm glad to be back! Work has been hell to say the least.. OTs were alien to me before but these past couple of weeks found me slaving away at the office til 10 pm and even a Saturday OT! All these because of the Interfaith Dialogue held in Shangri-La Mactan, Cebu last week which was participated by almost 200 delegates from 15 countries in the Asia Pacific. I'm just so glad it's over... and i'm also mighty proud of the excellent work we've done there.

I was pretty miserable on my first two days (Sun-Mon) in Cebu because i was missing Jon terribly and i was tired all the time. Non-stop work, skipped meals, work til one a.m, lack of sleep... Luckily, on the third night, we got off from work a little earlier that usual and went back to our suite in Hilton. While 2 of my officemates decided to have dinner outside, i opted to just enjoy the time alone and ordered room service, plopped myself on the sofa, and watched American Idol on tv. I had enough sleep afterwards which accounted for the good mood i felt the next day. That Wednesday night, we tried the Sutukil and saw the Mactan Shrine beside it.

FSI gurls view from our Hilton suite

dinner

shangri-la

Thursday, the last day of the conference... we were in panic mode again because of things to wrap up and handouts and cds to produce... two hours before the conference culminates, all hell broke loose... i was having an upset stomach and together with my officemate who was also experiencing the same thing, we were brought to the nearest hospital for immediate treatment. Although it was nothing serious, we had to wait for almost 3 hours for the result and by the time we got back to Shang, some of the team members were already packing our things at the secretariat. A blessing in disguise??? hahah. To celebrate the success of the conference we ate buffet dinner by the beach at Shang but since my stomach was still acting up, i didn't get to enjoy it that much... I decided to go home early to rest at our beauiful suite.

Friday, our last day in Cebu... we had an early breakfast, went to the beach and the pool.. and by lunchtime, we were ready for check-out. We were again invited to lunch by the undersecretary of cebu at a shabu-shabu (the first night, we were treated by him at a chinese resto) and afterwards, had some pasalubong shopping. By 4pm, we were already at the VIP lounge at the airport waiting for our flight... and this was the time my ex-boss praised us for a job well done... with special mention of the 3 FSI girls of course. :)

At 6:30 pm... i was back in Manila and i was too excited to see Jon... after all, I have a BIG surprise for him... :)

some Cebu pics.


to be continued...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home