My Photo
Name:
Location: Las Piñas City, Philippines

so hapeeely married! =)

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

First birthday with my hubby

{9Oct - 11pm}
After the birthday blowout with my family, Jon offered to give me a full body massage (this is becoming a habit! - bisyo na to!!! :D )... Barely an hour later, Jon excused himself and told me he was having an upset stomach and he needed to go to the comfort room. I asked him to turn off the lights while i dozed off... a few minutes after, i heard the door open, and when i turn to look, i was surprised to see Jon there, a cake (with a lit candle) and a bouquet of roses in hand while singing softly, "happy birthday to you..." It was 12 o'clock... and my heart just melted. =)

A week before, I have almost ruined this part of the surprise. On our way home from work, while looking through his cellphone, i saw a message to an unnamed number but was clearly meant that he was ordering cake from our wedding cake supplier, Mr. Alex Franco. I remembered that we were craving for it some weeks ago and i guess he remembered. =) fortunately, when i teased him non-stop about it, he was mum and tried his best to keep a straight face. So i kinda forgot about it...

So anyway, back to my story... turns out that he not only bought one, but THREE Alex Franco cakes! We quickly got a plate and fork and shared a slice. Dee-lish!!!

But i still didn't know what was in store for me on the actual day of my birthday. I was at a loss coz i knew we were not checking in a hotel or going to a day spa... been there done that (Linden, Bellevue)... and i also knew we were not going out-of-town or out-of the-country... so since it was officially my birthday already, i lovingly asked my husband what was it he was planning to do.

...I was to SHOP. TIL. I. DROP. How exciting is that!!!! Woooohooooo!!! i could not contain my excitement... I wished it was the morning already... =)


{10 Oct - 9:30am}
I was sooo ready to hit the shops. On our way to the shopping destination (glorietta), I was already thinking of what things to buy. And shop til i drop, i did. =)


My loot contained Ralph Lauren Cool set of 100ml perfume, shower gel, moisturizer and a round pink kikay bag, Nike rubber shoes, pink blazer, 2 office blouses, 4 T-shirts, 3 sleeveless shirts, white-rimmed shades, lots of accesories, and my fave, shoe organizer. Of course, jon didn't come home empty-handed... He had 2 t-shirts, 1 dri-fit shorts, and as freebies to my purchases, 2 baller bands and a 1.5ml Armani black perfume. And to think that i still had a few bills left in my wallet! It was such a blast!!! =)

Of course, the day will not be complete without going to church. Jon and i walked all the way to Greenbelt chapel and there, we prayed.


{10Oct-6:30p.m.)
After dropping off our purchases in the van, the next part of the surprise. Jon led the way to where we were having dinner. Circles at The Shang Makati... Jon had been here plenty of times before on business meetings and i could only imagine the place when he would make kwento... now, i was finally here.

Buffet food was definitely tops here. All my faves were there..., american, italian, chinese and japanese cuisines, seafood (those oysters are to-die-for!),salad and dessert stations. There was even a chocolate fountain which i just had to try! And i loved it! for my drink, i ordered a cosmopolitan to celebrate the occasion. Needless to say, we were stuffed yet again!

We walked to a star-filled night on the way to the parking area. Though tired, i wanted to skip all the way there. I was just so happy and i'm feeling very romantic that moment. It was a perfect ending to a special day.

pics here.

Btw, i'm 26 and this has been my best birthday ever... I was overwhelmed with text messages, phone calls from here and abroad, friendster messages and testimonials and even tags here in my blog. It was so heartwarming and i truly appreciate each and every one of them. Super thanks. =) More importantly, got to spend it with the people special to me... friends, family and most especially, my dear dear husband... my happiness would not be complete wihout u here (strikes my left breast)... ;) thanks for everything. i heart you so much! =)



...but wait, the party isn't over yet...! ;)

up next: office blowout

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home