My Photo
Name:
Location: Las Piñas City, Philippines

so hapeeely married! =)

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Remembering Daddy...

Two years...

It was on this fateful day two years ago when Daddy left this earthly life and joined our Maker. I miss him... WE miss him so much.

Last Saturday, April 23, was supposed to be my Dad's _th birthday... It would have been a big celebration if he was still here with us...

He was a great man... my dad.

He was a very talented architect. He worked abroad for many years to tend to his family. Until his poor heart condition coudn't allow him any longer... After which he just worked in our family business where he was the manager, driver, party needs designer - an all-around worker.

He's a role model to us, his children. He didn't drink. He didn't smoke. Never been a womanizer. Perhaps the only thing that he was addicted to was the television. =)

He instilled a lot of life's lessons in us. My dad was never really a talker. But when he does, we listen. He rarely gets angry. And when he does (and that's only when we've done something really really bad), look out.

I miss so many things about him... His gentle ways, deep voice... even his receding hairline... =D I miss attending Sunday mass with the whole family complete... I miss him when there are outings and family get-togethers...

I especially missed him during my wedding... when he and my mom could have walked me down the aisle and gave me to my husband... when we could have danced the father-daughter dance... That was the only thing missing then... That would have made it PERFECT.

He led a wonderful life. And we were very lucky to have a father like him...

Let me just end this piece with this story...

It's All Souls' Day...

My lola (dad's mom), just came home from the cemetery together with some of my dad's siblings. She was clearly very angry. The whole family had some sort of a get-together at the final resting place of my lolo... They laid flowers, lit candles and prayed. Everybody was there... except for him... my dad.

Upon seeing him (who was then watching whatever it was on tv), she shouted (and maybe cursed a little) at him. She was so hurt that he didn't even make time to visit his father at the cemetery... She was so mad... Daddy was just listening to her tirades and let her finished with what she had to say... When she was through, he said gently....

"Eh wala naman siya dun eh... andito sya... sa puso ko..."

...Exactly where he is right now... in my heart. I love u, daddy! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home