My Photo
Name:
Location: Las Piñas City, Philippines

so hapeeely married! =)

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Holy Father Called HOME

Together with the millions of people - Catholic or not - around the world, I am deeply saddened by the news of the death of Pope John Paul II. I first learned that he already passed away this morning, and i couldn't keep myself from shedding a few tears.

Along with those tears came the memories of year 1995 when the Pope visited the Philippines for the celebration of the World Youth Day. I was still very active in the church those times and me and my friends were always included with whatever activities there were (and believe me, there were a LOT!). Anyway, it was at this time that i was fortunate enough to have seen the Holy Father. First was when we were on a sort of parade at Roxas Boulevard and his see-thru, bullet-proof vehicle passed by us and the exhaustion i was feeling that moment was washed away instantly. And athough it was just very brief, my spirits were lifted up as if i have just seen an angel. =)

The second time was at the culmination of World Youth Day at Quirino Grandstand at Luneta where he celebrated mass. This time, i saw him ony thru the lens of the binoculars while i was carried at the back of one of my much-taller friends(we were far from the stage where he was). But the great feeling he ignited in me (perhaps, in everyone present there) did not diminish...

...And now, he has gone to the heavens. The world has just lost a great man... and i am one with the world in its loss...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home