My Photo
Name:
Location: Las Piñas City, Philippines

so hapeeely married! =)

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

The Diary of a Boracay Virgin - (con't.)

DAY2 - Feb.13 (Sunday)

6:30 am. Bedroom. ~Supposedly, we were to wake up at this time. The alarm went off and i got up, ...but the pull of the bed was strong and the sight of my hubby still sound asleep was just enough to make me crawl back ...then i was off to dreamland again... zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

8:00 am. Still in the room ~Called up room service to order our breakfast (again included in the package - 2 American breakfast with toast, hash browns, bacon, sausages, 2 eggs, watermelon shake and coffee). It arrived after 5 minutes and we had breakfast in bed. This is the life!!! =D
Afterwards, we both got ready for a long day ahead...

9:30 am. Fridays Beachfront ~We were just on our way to Station 2 when a man approached us and asked us if we wanted to go boating and snorkeling. At first, I was skeptical about the idea, but the man was able to convince us after a while. Besides, he looked trustworthy (I think I'm a good judge of character naman *wink*). We agreed on a price, which included snorkeling, goggles rental, trip to Puka beach and a trip to a hidden cave (which we were not able to go to anymore because of the big waves on that area).

10:00am. Boat. On our way to Coral Garden ~ ..I was still contemplating if i wanted to snorkel or not...

10:30am. Coral Garden ~I chickened out. I didn't snorkel. Hey, I had reasons! ;) -i didn't know how to swim and I had my contacts on (well, yeah, our boatmen told me that I wouldn't sink coz i would be wearing a lifevest and that I have goggles naman so water wouldn't get in my eyes - but still.....) So, while Jon was happily snorkeling, I was happy taking pictures. =) Imagine my surprise, when..., after a few minutes I saw a man in a small boat, and on that boat is a big styro with the Magnolia ice cream poster. Mamang sorbetero at sea! Immediately, i bought 3 twin popsies (for Jon and the 2 boatmen). Galing! Hahah! After that, another boat paddled beside us, this time, asking for a "snorkeling fee" of 20pesos. Ayos! Hahah!

The boatmen were still trying to persuade me to go snorkeling. But my mind was already made up and when they sensed this, one of them told me that he will just get star fishes for me (perhaps he took pity on me =D ). He jumped in the sea and moments later, brought to the boat two star fishes (one orange and one red). He tried to find blue ones for me but didn't get lucky.

11:30pm. Boat. On our way to Puka Beach ~The waves were getting bigger on the way. I was a little nervous but I tried to enjoy the wind (and some splashes) on my face.




12:00nn. Puka Beach. ~I immediately knew why it was called Puka Beach. Puka shells were literally scattered on the beach! I wanted to gather some shells but we were already famished so went straight to the seafood resto. There were many resto lined up there but the boatmen recommended Tesebel's, so we went there.


12:45pm. Still at Puka. ~After the bountiful lunch of prawns with honey, calamares, and inihaw na liempo, we started to walk towards the beachfront. There were many stalls selling puka shell necklaces and bracelets. I asked one saleslady there but i was surprised that it was a lot lot expensive. I even told her "mas mura pa yung sa Manila?". Guess what she answered back, "Eh di dun ka bumili!" Well, she has a point... (- but there goes your sale, biatch! :P ).

After a little stroll on the beach, we headed back to Fridays...

1:30pm. Porch outside our room. ~The sun was at its hottest, so we decided to rest first before going for another swim. We ate the fruits given to us by the Fridays staff while lounging at the hammock on our porch. After that, perhaps because of the heat and the gentle breeze outside, not to mention our full stomachs, we got sleepy and took a nap (me lying on the hammock while Jon slept on the chair beside me).

3:45pm. Beach. ~ We had a coupon for a photo souvenir courtesy of Fridays so we called reception and arranged for the photographer. We went back to swimming and playing on the sand afterwards. While lying on the sand moments later, we saw Randy (the man who approached us earlier for the boating adventure) again and asked him if he can arrange for us a paraw with hammock coz we wanted to go sailing at sunset. What can I say... we're romantics eh... =)

5:00pm. On a paraw ~Lying on a stretched hammock most of the time, ...beneath us the vast sea, enjoying the cool wind and the sunset before us, ...it was a little piece of heaven...




6:30pm. Back in our room. ~Showered and got ready for our dinner date with my ninong and ninang.

7:45pm. Station 2. ~Fortunately, Randy earlier told us where we could ride a trike going to Station 2. We were just in time for our rendezvous. As we stepped out from the trike, we were almost immediately met by my ninong and ninang and we proceeded to the beachfront to look for a place to eat.


8:00pm. SecXs Resto. ~Jon and I were treated to a buffet dinner at one of the numerous eat-all-u-can restos at Station 2. Kwentuhan after. And the good news - we are to stay at their place when we go back to Bora on Holy Week! Yay!!!



9:45pm. Cafe' Breizh. ~After dinner, Jon and I started shopping for pasalubong at D'Mall. Then, we had crepes at the famous Cafe' Breizh (where we saw Bongbong Marcos and his entire entourage all drunk) . We found a place at the beachfront and we lounged there while enjoying the food and tea, plus the romantic ambience. After an interesting conversation for about an hour, we started our walk back to Fridays...

11:30pm. Back in our room. ~Cleaned up, watched a movie, and then slept... ;)

...to be concluded...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home