My Photo
Name:
Location: Las Piñas City, Philippines

so hapeeely married! =)

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Eventful Saturday

Food Blog!

I made strawberry cheesecake yesterday morning. Got this recipe from a friend (Thanks, Gina!).

Mauie and I, certified foodies alike, decided to collaborate on a food blog which will contain of course, food - those we cook and those we eat on our dine-outs. This recipe, of course, will be my first post. It's already under construction.

------------------


Da Vinci!

Finished reading the Da Vinci Code already. One word... WOW!

Can't wait for the movie! And did you know that this book already has a sequel in the making? It's entitled "The Solomon Key"... Can't wait for that too!

-------------------


First OB visit (it's not what u think...)

I've been putting off visiting an ob for the longest time and i just couldn't delay it any longer (mostly because of my husband's insistence).

About 2 years ago, after doing the breast self-exam, I felt a lump in my right breast. I was scared as hell! But after some research (and a lot of wishful thinking), i felt a little at ease... I found out that not all lumps are dangerous. So I chose to just ignore it.

And then, a couple of months back, i did the exam again, and i felt another lump. That's when i considered having a check-up. But i was too terrified of whatever the results may be. And it took me this long to finally go. Jon even had to tell my mom on me. My husband and my mom ganging up on me was just too much...

Since i don't know any ob's, I had to settle for my mother's own. The check-up was over in just a few minutes. Or so i thought. Her initial findings was that the mass/es she felt were fibrocystic in nature (or, in simple terms, tissues or fatty layers which were formed coz of hormones). But i wasn't relieved by what she said. I wasn't satisfied by her "probing". So to be sure, she requested a breast ultrasound.


I was so nervous, not only because it was a man who was on the ultrasound room (is that what u call it?), but because i was readying myself of what might be "there". After a few minutes, I got the result. Yup. There are hypoechoic solid masses at BOTH breasts, two at the right and one at the left.

Conclusion:
category 3=probably benign finding; malignancy is highly unlikely, e.g. fibroadenoma (initial short interval follow-up).

Although it was not at all good (because when i went back to the doctor for her interpretation, she was a little surprised - she asked me to return after another 6 months for another ultrasound), it was enough reason to heave a sigh of relief... at least for now, i am safe...

--------------------


First Impressions...

We (there are 8 of us) went to Tagaytay and had a late, late night dinner at Leslie's.


Looong photoshoot after.


Proceeded to Starbucks for coffee afterwards. As we were talking, somebody suggested that we give our impressions on each one present there. Guess what? Most of them thought i was "suplada" at first...

Honestly, I'm not at all surprised about that. Yup. Most people's initial reaction of me is that i'm a snob. Now, not to risk sounding like i'm defending myself, but....... ok..., well..., i guess i AM defending myself... =D hahah! So..., why do people perceive me as "suplada"? These could be some of the reasons....

Here goes... one. I'm shy. No, really. It takes time for me to warm up and be open to people. Especially girls. I believe i was a man on my past life. two. I have very poor eyesight... I am nearsighted. During high school and college days. I have too often received comments such as, "nakita kita sa _____, isnabera ka, di ka namamansin ha!" or "kinakawayan kita eh, inisnab mo naman ako"- there is only one explanation for these -- i didn't see him/her. three. I am not plastic. I am diplomatic but never plastic. When i don't like u.., i DON'T like u. Period.

So, does these make suplada??? U decide. I'm okay both ways. Like i said. i'm multifaceted... =D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home