My Photo
Name:
Location: Las Piñas City, Philippines

so hapeeely married! =)

Thursday, January 20, 2005

On missing my family (yes, dogs included)...

It's one reality of life... U really can't have it all...

Yes. I AM HAPPY. Very happy in fact, in this new life that i have chosen... But still, a part of me longs for the life I left behind... and I'm not ashamed to admit it... I'm HOMESICK.

I imagined this before.., months ago before our wedding. I knew that I would be greatly saddened by the many changes my married life would bring... Back then, I dreaded the packing of my things! Until now, whenever I would go to my old home and find some of my stuff lying around, there's still a twinge of pain at the thought of bringing it "home".

The past holiday season was just awful. Though Jon and I visit my family almost every day, I would find myself crying in the middle of the night, still terribly missing them. ...my mom and her cooking, my younger sister who sometimes always acts as if she's my elder sis, my funny and kulit brother, and even though my dad passed away almost 2 years ago, I miss him now more than ever *sigh*; ...my dogs Sonic, Poochie (who recently got sick and died :( -- which added up to my distress) and Jersey; my messy room full of memories; and yes, even my Saturday morning balloon-making! *double sigh* ...I miss our closeness, our playful banter, and even our occassional tampuhans. I miss our kwentuhan and "bonding" sessions. Gawd, how I miss them! :(

But I have to consider myself lucky... picture this... they live just a few streets away from where we're living now...

------------------------------------------
(thanks to my very understanding husband for helping me in this adjustment period and my new family who are all so bait to me... =) )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home