My Photo
Name:
Location: Las Piñas City, Philippines

so hapeeely married! =)

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Surname Dilemma

This gives me the headache.

I am now in the process of changing my name (personnel, BIR, GSIS, PAG-IBIG, Philamcare and Philhealth records). Two months ago, I was sure that i wanted a hyphenated surname, now i'm not so sure anymore... :(

I was able to talk to our personnel officer and I was told that some government offices don't really allow/encourage this because this might cause major problems in their records. In a way, they were discouraging me from using this kind of name, too... This might give me some difficulties later on daw, for instance, when collecting insurance claims and the like. ...What's the big deal bout it? What's the purpose of having this kind of option if, in the long run, it would only present problems to those who use it? No fair. Aaaarrghh!!!

On the other hand, if this would mean much hassle for me, then, i should just give in and change my name the way most married women do, right? ...i mean, it would even be advantageous to me because the name i would be taking is really short. But then again, i hate to let go of my surname... :(

Kung pwede lang wag na lang magbago ng pangalan eh... (i'm juz kidding, hun! ...heheh :D)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home