My Photo
Name:
Location: Las Piñas City, Philippines

so hapeeely married! =)

Monday, September 12, 2005

a new "mate"

Isn't it amazing that at this time and age friendships are easily created no matter how far the distance is?

Exactly the case of my mom and her new Aussie friend. They met thru the internet, and have been chatting for months. At first, i thought it was just too good to be true... but when i saw several changes in my mom (from new outfits to new outlooks in life) and when everytime i would visit, she was always glued to the PC at home, talking, i knew it would be something special... =)

They decided to meet last week at Singapore. Last Friday, Jon and I took the half day off from work to fetch them at the airport (Ray, the new friend, will be vacationing in Manila for another week). But before that, we had a lunch date to celebrate our 9th monthsary. What better place to prepare us for our new Aussie mate? One word. Outback! =)

Afterwards, we went to the airport and met my mom and Ray. Ray is quite shy and reserved, but seemed nice, anyway. All the way home, we were chatting about the places they've been in Singapore (places that i so wanted to see on our brief visit there during our honeymoon but wasn't able to because of lack of time) and i noticed that my mommy still appeared a little bit hyper. Funny. =) We had dinner at home which was prepared by my sis. After a few more getting-to-know-you chit-chats, Jon n I went home.



The next afternoon, we all visited daddy at the ossuary garden before going to ATC for a game of bowling and dinner. I'm sure everyone of us has one message for him... daddy, no one can ever replace u in our hearts... =)

I haven't played bowling in years... and as expected, i sucked big time. Oh, Ray sucked too but he got the hang of the game in the last few frames so he beat me in the end. Hahah! It was so much fun, nevertheless. Everyone played 'cept for my younger sis. Oh, and Jon won. Yay for him!!!

We had dinner at Subway, went shopping 'til closing time and we drove them home before going back to ATC to meet some friends...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home