My Photo
Name:
Location: Las Piñas City, Philippines

so hapeeely married! =)

Monday, March 21, 2005

A Break from the Routine

Friday.

Back to badminton!

Went to the grocery after work Friday afternoon with Jon and immediately after, we met up with Aion, Lon and Mauie for a 2-hour badminton session. We've been "missing in action" for a little over two weeks already and my body was really craving for exercise again. ...And it was a great workout! Whew!

After badminton, we went home for dinner and a quick shower and prepared for our scheduled DVD and videoke night - with the same people plus Gina. They arrived at 10pm, bringing with them isaw, chips, popcorn and soda and we watched the hilarious Zoolander again. I watched the movie countless times already but still never fails to make me laugh. :D




After the movie, Jon n I gave them our pasalubongs (HK t-shirts for the men and chopsticks for the ladies) and we're glad that it was really appreciated. =)


Then, it was time for videoke... We've been planning to go to RedBox for months already - but it hasn't materialized yet so as practice for that, we sang the night (and the morning) away using Gina's MagicSing! Sarap kumanta! :D ...We even had a boys versus girls game and although in the end, it was hard to keep score already, i think it was the boys who won, thanks to Aion's score of 99 in his makabagbagdamdaming rendition of Three Blind Mice and ABC!!! bwarharharhar!!! :p




"muntik na kitang...."

the rockstars and the balladeer

videoke freaks

As always, it was such a blast that we lost track of time. The next time we knew, it was 4:30 am already! Mauulit ito! =) (more pics here).

Saturday.

I was awaken by the sound of my phone ringing. 10:35 am. Alveen calling.

He called to ask me for contact numbers of a good resort to stay in for their family outing on April. What d hell does he think i am? The internet? Or a travel agency? (Just kidding, vin - i know you'll read this... heheh).

After our phone conversation, I crawled back into bed beside my hubby but couldn't quite go back to dreamland so i got up already (woke Jon up, too) and prepared for lunch.

Called up my homies and i learned that they were going to Southmall and since I needed to buy eyeglasses (i left my old one at Shenzhen --- long story), Jon n i decided to go with them. We left at 2pm and finished doing our stuff at about 6pm. Stayed at my old place for a while and went home at around 7pm. Had takeout dinner from Max's and retired early for the evening.

Sunday.

Wash day. I spent the morning doing the laundry (Manang, the one who washes clothes for us was on-leave... heheh) while Jon washed the car. I was cooking sinigang na baka at the same time and fortunately, i was a competent multitasker so it was just a breeze. =)

Took a nap after lunch while Jon watched the boxing match between Pacquiao and Morales. I was watching the fight at first but the more i watch, the more i couldn't breathe and the excitement just became too much for me. I slept for more than an hour and when i woke up it was the 11th round. When i asked how Pacquiao was faring, Jon answered sadly, "parang talo eh". And Pacquiao lost all right. :( It was sad but just as every Filipino must be feeling right now, he may have lost, but he's still the champ in our hearts... heheh.

We went to Southmall again to pick up my new eyeglasses. I wanted to do some shopping pa but we had to hurry coz we were attending the 7pm mass at Philam so we just ordered takeout at KFC and ate in the car. We bought palm branches on the way to the church.

After the mass, we went grocery shopping again (we were not able to go to the market last Saturday eh). And then, we went to my old place again to give the toys i bought to my two pamangkins (who were staying the night there). Although we gave them just cheap toys, the smile and the kisses we got back from them were priceless! Ah, kids! They are just sooo easy to please! I wish we could all be like them...

~~~

The past weekends were spent either out of town or out of the country and this was a welcome break for both Jon and me... ...but who said i'm tired of vacationing? Hahah... i'll be back at the beach this Thurs. Ahhhhh!!! Boraaaaahhhh!!! Can't wait to see u again! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home