My Photo
Name:
Location: Las Piñas City, Philippines

so hapeeely married! =)

Monday, July 18, 2005

Weekenders

Last last weekend was a complete blah... Friday night out with friends didn't materialize, I wasn't able to go with Jon and my MIL Saturday for the scheduled out-of town (day trip to Mindoro) , Sunday was spent lazing around the house, and before we knew it... it was time to go to work once again.

I was determined not to make a repeat of the previous weekend so Jon and I made plans early in the week. I knew it wasn't gonna be as boring... coz after all, the magic is coming Saturday!!! wheee!!!

turning Korean

Aion, Yna, Jon and I went out on our usual Friday night gimmick (Marlon and Mauie are MIA once again - perhaps tiring of our company already? :( ). Anyway, we were in the mood for something out of the ordinary that night, and we all agreed on dining at a Korean resto which BF was infested with, and we just had to choose where exactly... We picked this big place which had a decent number of diners inside. (Itaewon)

Fortunately for us, our waiter was very accommodating and he helped us in choosing our orders. He even showed us how to grill the 2 large beef slabs and the porkloin platter right in our table. Aliw! =) We'll definitely schedule a shabu-shabu dinner soon...

Food was delish. Appetizers were aplenty. I liked the Korean spicy soup that was served at the start of the meal. We even had free pineapple dessert and rice tea. All in all, it was a great Korean dining experience.

korean pics here.

Ice Monster dessert followed and for the first time, we get to hang out at yna's place that night (very cozy!) , meeting her siblings and playing with her cute baby nephew, until it was time to call it a night.

Magic and freebies

I was super, super excited to get my hands on the 6th installment of the Harry Potter series. We would have bought it the minute the store opened Saturday but we had to buy grocery stocks at the market that morning so my date with my hubby was not until that afternoon.

There was a HP exhibit at glorietta that day and we were able to take a look at Yna's sister's entry (a scene taken from the 4th - goblet of fire). Too bad i wasn't able to take a pic, coz i was so pumped up to grab my own copy. =)

After buying my book, we went around the mall and found the perfect metallic gold slip-ons that i am currently addicted to (the golds-i mean). Priced at less than a thousand, i happily bought it. =)

And was i glad when the salesclerk handed me a P250 voucher at Italianni's which was good until the 31st of August. Niiice!


We browsed the shops again until it was already dinner time. Our poor tired feet found good rest at Tony Roma's where we feasted on ribs (Jon had the original recipe while I had my fave - carolina honeys - they're to-die-for! ;) ), chicken and shrimps which were complemented by corn on the cob (we asked these to be shredded already) and tasty coleslaw.

Dinner was undoubtedly satisfying. I just love dining here with my husband because the ambience was great (great view, good lighting),the service was impeccable, and of course, the good food. We even had another treat tht night - we were given free appetizer coupons plus another free main course the next time we dine here! Ain't that great?! =)

Our date would not be complete without watching a movie... and we got tickets to the 2nd to the last screening of Fantastic Four. While waiting for the screening time, we went to Taters and claimed the free iced tea (from the movie bundle tickets) and bought fries for the movie. Okaay..I know what you're thinking. We have such huge appetites, noh?! hahahaha!

The movie was entertaining enough to keep us awake during the two hours. And we headed home right after.

The minute we got settled in our room, I comfortably laid down in my bed and... nope... i didn't sleep just yet... how could i, when i was dying to read The Half-Blood Prince already... =D

2 hours later, i finished reading the first 5 chapter of the book... i was still wide awake but upon seeing the time, it was time to stop... (i also had to pull Jon away from the computer screen)...

The magic is here

I was glued to my book the entire day Sunday (well, 'cept when it was time to eat and to relieve myself...). By 8pm, i was through reading... =)

How did i like it? (Let me borrow this from abbie) --- One word. WHOAAAH!!!

Okay, okaaayyy... not enough? let's just say that my fave still is the Goblet of Fire. In THBP, another character got killed off again and i was crying profusely when i got to that part... but i am kinda hoping that the character killed in the OTP and THBP will live again on the last book... haaay... i'll have to wait for another two-three years for this one...

and it's gonna be a LOOOOOONG WAIT!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home