My Photo
Name:
Location: Las Piñas City, Philippines

so hapeeely married! =)

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Prioritizing Health and Wellness

Remember my fibroadenomes?? (backtrack here)

It has already been six months since i calendared my next appointment to my ob-gyne... and i took the half-day off from work Monday morning and together with Jon, we proceeded to Philamcare (our office healthcard) and requested for a letter of authorization to go to my preferred doctor. I also consulted with the resident physician coz for a week now, i've been complaining about a sore lymph which hasn't subsided for two years now... He suspected lymphaniditis and scheduled me for an x-ray and cbc exam the following day.

We went to my ob at another hospital afterwards and was getting quite nervous while we waited. When at last, it was my turn, i showed her the ultrasound results once again, and she let me lie down and performed the breast exam. Out of the blue, i asked her if i could have a pap smear. Thinking that it would have to be scheduled first, i was surprised to hear that she could do it right there and then..! It was the first time EVER for me, and i was really really scared coz i heard that it was painful. My doctor sensed that i was tensed but she ordered me to relax or else it would really be painful. It was uncomfortable at first, but then, she must have seen thousands of it already (hahaha!), so i let myself relax. I did feel pain a lot of times, but it was tolerable, and in a few minutes, it was over. I would have to come back next week for the result. As for the fibroadenomes, she said that the sizes were still quite small, but she'd have to refer me to a surgeon...

My heart was racing but i pushed all negative thoughts out of me and went to the surgeon's office. The surgeon was still very young, 30-ish or so, and quite attractive, i must say... =) (At this point, Jon offered to come in with me... but i declined... nyahahah!). He took one look at the ultrasound result, and asked me if he could take a look...er... examine the breasts. He even asked me if i wanted him to call in his secretary, but i said it's alright *wink*... The exam was over in a few and after his lengthy explanation, he said that he doesn't recommend surgery as of the moment, given my age and medical history, but i'd have to monitor them regularly. Still, the sigh of relief i made was so loud it must have been heard outside the room. =)

Yesterday morning, i forced myself to go to Philamcare once again for the xray and cbc exam. The x-ray was no problem, but the cbc exam... Well, I hate... okay... i'm terribly afraid of needles and my head was on the other direction when they took my blood sample. I felt all energy drain out from me after that... but my husband says i'm just exaggerating....... Anyway, results will be out in two days...

We went to Alabang to take care of some other business and while i was out in the car waiting, i realized that it was a lovely day. The rainshower surprisingly put me into a good mood.

And indeed, it was a beautiful day.

After a quick lunch and some grocery shopping, I rewarded myself (for finally going to the doctor) with a new jeans from People r People with a gold metallic belt. I was looking for a gold bag but didn't find any to my liking. Some other day, perhaps.

And his reward? a trip to the spa! =) yay!

We went home and just placed our purchases in our room, and we were off to Bioessence. We availed the couple's package which included a facial (mint for me, regular facial for him), footspa, and a combination of shiatsu/swedish massage! Aaaaahhh! =)

First, we were asked to strip down to our undies, and we were led to the sauna where we baked for 15 minutes. =) We were given drinks to cool off and then the foot spa came next. Our facials and massages followed after that felt sooo damn good!!! I even had a few minutes shut-eye after everything. We stayed at the spa for four full hours! And we were really refreshed and rejuvenated. Ahhh! Can't wait to go back... heheh!

Now, my only wish is for all the medical results to turn out fine...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home